Özyeğin University, Çekmeköy Campus Nişantepe District, Orman Street, 34794 Çekmeköy - İSTANBUL
Phone : +90 (216) 564 90 00
Fax : +90 (216) 564 99 99
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Finance, 2013
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Finance, 2008 Istanbul Bilgi University, Economics, 2006
Marmara University, Econometrics, 2003
Banking, Financial Crises, Corporate Finance
- Akin, O, Coleman, N.S., Fons-Rosen, C., Peydró, J. L., (2021). “Political connections and informed trading: Evidence from TARP”, Financial Management, 1-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/fima.12292 (Voted number 1 article in the Fall 2021 issue of Financial Management)
- Akin, O, Marín, J. M. and Peydró, J. L., (2020). “Anticipating the Financial Crisis: Evidence from Insider Trading in Banks”, Economic Policy 35(102): 213–267. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/epolic/eiaa012 (Editor's Choice)
- Akin, O. and Ozsoy, M., (2021). “Aggregate Liquidity Creation of Islamic Banks in Turkey”, Marmara University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences Journal, 43(1), 197-212.
- Akin,O. and Sungu-Esen, G., (2019). “An Overview of Insider Trading in Borsa Istanbul”, Journal of Research in Economics, 3(2), 76-90.
- Akin, O., Montalvo, J. G., Villar, J. G., Peydró, J. L., Raya, J. M. (2014). “The real estate and credit bubble: Evidence from Spain”, SERIEs, 5(2-3), 223-243.
- Akin, O. and Ozsoy, M., “Islamic versus Conventional Banks in Turkey: A Performance Comparison”, Human and Business Oriented Academic Research, pp. 119-134, SRA Publishing, USA, 2020.
- Akin, O. and Ozsoy, M., “Global Trends in Liquidity Creation: The Role of the Off - Balance Sheet”, New Trends in Banking and Finance, pp. 77-94, Peter Lang, Berlin 2019.
- Principal Investigator, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), 3501 National Young Researchers Career Development Program Grant, 2017-2018. Project Title: “The Information Content of Insider Trading: Evidence from Turkey”
- Co-Investigator, Government of Spain-The Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO) 2017-2019. Project Title: “The True Cost of Housing in Spain: Implications for the Real Estate, Financial and Public Sectors” with Josep M. Raya, Catia Nicodemo and Daniel Mcmillen
Finans (FIN202), Corporate Finance (FIN302), Banking and Financial Intermediation (FIN312) , Corporate Finance (FIN502),Financial Institutions and Banking (FIN909), Financial Management (FIN 709)