PRESIDENT OF THE COMMISSION: Prof. Dr. Esra Gençtürk (Rector)
Prof. Dr. Tanju Erdem (Vice Rector -Vice Chair)
Prof. Dr. Canan Sümer (Dean of the Social Sciences Faculty)
Prof. Dr. Aslıhan Ünlü (Acting Dean of the Architecture and Design Faculty)
Assistant Prof. Dr. Nilüfer Uğur Dalay (Dean of Students)
Prof. Dr. Atakan Yalçın (Dean of the Business Faculty)
Prof. Dr. Taylan Akdoğan (Dean of the Engineering Faculty)
Prof. Dr. Yener Ünver (Director of the Center for German Law)
Assistant Prof. Dr. Hatice Küçükönal (Faculty of Aviation and Aeronautical Science)
Instructor Teoman Alemdar (Director of the School of Applied Sciences)
Instructor Nergis Uyan (Director of the School of Languages)
Ahmet Barış Özel (General Secretary)
Yasemin Kilit Aklar (Accreditation and Quality Assurance Coordinator)
Student Union Representative
Meeting October 28, 2015
1. OzU Academic Evaluation and Quality Enhancement Board members are informed that they will continue to work as the OzU Quality Commission. 2. The commission decided to investigate Higher Education Quality Assurance Code and construct an action plan. 3. Accreditation and Quality Assurance Office is asked to prepare a Quality Commission Procedures and Principles draft.
Meeting January 26, 2016)
1. Executive Summary on December meeting of Higher Education Quality Board is shared with commission members. 2. Quality Commission Principles and Procedures are investigated and it is decided to be taken to the approval of the Senate. 3. Main points of the Quality Framework are discussed and Accreditation and Quality Assurance Office is asked to prepare a first draft.
Meeting April 26, 2016
1. Quality Framowork text has been explored in detail. It is decided to be finalized in the next meeting. 2. Members are informed about the content of the "Information Meeting on External Institutional Evaluation" organized by Higher Education Quality Board on April 13, 2016. 3. The work on Institutional Internal Evaluation Report is distributed.
Meeting April 21, 2016
1. Members have commented on the draft of the Institutional Internal Evaluation report, corrections are made on the draft. It is decided to take the final version the the Rectorate.
Meeting October 25, 2016
1. The meeting focuses on the planning of the quallity assurance actions to be taken in 2016-2017. 2. Faculty of Architecture and Design and Faculty of Aviation and Aeronautical Sciences are chosen for internal evaluation in parallel with their planned accreditation applications.
Meeting December 5, 2016
1. The information providen by the Higher Education Quality Board on the meeting on Institutional External Evaluation ( November 30, 2016) has been examined.
2. Action plan and division of labor for the preparation of the evaluation meeting are settled.
Meeting December 15, 2016
1. External Evaluation Visit Plan is finalized. 2. Information meetings with different units are planned.
Meeting December 20, 2016
1. Organization for the External Evaluation Visit finalized. 2. The feedback on the information meetings made are evaluated.
Meeting January 3, 2017
1. The feedback on the information meetings are used to prepare the presentation to be made to the External Evaluation Team. 2. Evaluation preparations such as the places to be visited and documents to be presented are reviewed.
List of the Information Meetings by Quality Commission
Meeting with the Board of Deans (December 6, 2016) Meeting with Faculty of Law (December 19, 2016) Meeting with Academic and Administrative Staff (December 23, 2016) Meeting with the Office of Dean of Students (December 26, 2016) Meeting with the Scientific Research Commission (December 28, 2016) Meeting with Administrative Units (December 29, 2016) Meeting with Faculty of Social Sciences (December 30, 2016) Meeting with Faculty of Engineering (January 5, 2017) Meeting with Representatives of Students and Alumni ( January 6, 2017)
Meeting February 21, 2017
Higher Education Quality Board External Institutional Evaluation Feedback is examined and evaluated. A preliminary calender for the suggested improvements are planned.
Meeting April 21, 2017
Self-Evaluation reports submitted by Administrative and academic units are evaluated. Draft of the 2016 Instituonal Evaluation Report compiled by the Office of Accreditation and Quality Assurance is discussed. It is decided that members give feedback on the draft in written form.
Meeting June 20, 2017
1. The actions to be taken dusing summer semester are discussed.
2. The necessity of the Quality Commission being a part of the ongoing Strategic Planning process is underlined.
3. The improvement efforts in the area of curriculum are decided to be integrated with the strategic plan working group on "Transformative Education Experience".
Meeting September 19, 2017
1. Strategic planning process is evaluated.
2. Unit evaluations conducted under Quality Framework are assessed. It is decided to plan academic unit evaluatiosn in parallel with the faculties planning accreditation. Accordingly, for 2017-2018 academic year, Faculty of Business and Faculty of Aviation and Auronautical Sciences are chosen for evaluation.
3. It is decided to have regular meeting with each faculty members for the alignment of Continious Improvement Framework with individual programs. These meetings also serve to spreading quality culture among individuals and the institution in general.
4. "Assurance of Learning" project is planned to be included in these meetings in order to shape the structure interactively with faculties.
5. It is highlighted that the integrated Information Management structured for the measurements of the Strategic Plan needs to include the quality assurance processes.
6.Accreditatation and Quality Assurance Office is assigned for preparing trainings on quality assurance.
Meeting January 16, 2018
Faculty of Business' work on the assessment of program outcomes directly are examined. Dean of Faculty of Engineering, Tanju Erdem, has presented the pilot version of the software enabling assessment of program outcomes to be managed online.
Meeting April 10, 2018
1. Accreditation and Quality Assurance Office shared the report on the individualized continious improvement tables structured as a result of the meetings with different faculties.
2. The Office also presented a calender for the implementation of Assurance of Learning by each faculty. In line with this calender, it is decided to have Faculty of Business start direct assessment of all program outcomes by May 2018.
Meeting April 24, 2018
The reports prepared bu the academic and administrative units for the Institutional Self Evaluation are examined. 2017 Institutional Self Evalution Report, compiled by the Accreditation and Quality Assurance Office is reviewed. It is decided to give written feedback.
Meeting May 22, 2018
Dean of Faculty of BusinessProf. Dr. Alpay Filiztekin and Accreditation and Quality Assurance CoordinatorYasemin Kilit Aklar have shared their observations on the AACSB Conference that they have attended to. Practices that can be implemented at OzU are discussed.
Meeting June 19, 2018
The list of improvements to be made in 2018-2019 academic year that are reported on reports prepared 2017 Institutional Self Evalution Report are examined. An action plan and Calender is structured. Details of the action plan are discussed.
Meeting July 24, 2018
The application process of the Faculty of Aviation and Aeronautical Sciences for AABI (The Aviation Accreditation Board International) is evaluated. Planned curriculum changes are reviewed. The plans on assessment are presented.
Meeting August 13, 2018
The names suggested for being Student Evaluator in Higher Education Board Institutional External Evalaution Process are assessed. One student for this process and one student for MÜDEK is assigned. The list of improvements to be made in 2018-2019 academic year that are reported on reports prepared 2017 Institutional Self Evalution Report and action plan are overviewed.
Meeting September 4, 2018
The results of the graduation survey conducted by the Planning and Analysis Office are examined. The result on the achievement on program outcomes by each program are evaluated.
Meeting October 2, 2018
The plans of faculties on assessment of program outcomes in 2018-2019 academic year are reviewed and evaluated.