It is not required to be a psychology graduate in order to apply to the program. However, non-psychology students are required to complete the Scientific Preparation Program before matriculating to their graduate program if they are admitted to the program.
Prospective students who completed their undergraduate studies abroad are eligible to apply for OzU’s graduate programs so long as their education, degrees, diplomas, and alma maters are recognized by YÖK. Degree holders must personally apply to the YÖK’s Department of Recognition and Equivalence Services to obtain a Certificate of Recognition. During enrollment, prospective students must submit the proof of their application for a diploma equivalency certificate and a certificate of recognition, which is issued by the respective unit.
⦁ Prospective students must have achieved a minimum grade point average of 2.75/4 in their bachelor’s programs.
⦁ Documents must be within their validity period at the time of enrollment.
⦁ Prospective students are expected to obtain the minimum passing score in one of the following Entrance Examinations for Graduate Studies. ALES: 70 (in the equal weight score type) GRE: Minimum 153 in the new system (Quantitative Score)
*The validity period is 5 years for both ALES and GRE. **The ALES requirement is not applicable to applicants with a PhD, a doctor of medicine (MD), a doctor of pharmacy (PharmD), a doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM), a doctor of dental medicine (DMD), or a doctor of fine arts (DFA) (as per Article 5/1b and 16/1 of YÖK’s Rules and Regulations for Graduate Programs). These applicants are assumed to have obtained the minimum score of 70.
⦁ Prospective students are expected to obtain the minimum passing score in one of the following national and/or international foreign language examinations which are either administered by Özyeğin University or recognized by the Özyeğin University Senate. TOEFL – IBT: At least 104 points in total, with at least 20 points in the Writing section. YDS/e-YDS/YÖKDİL: At least 87 TRACE (OzU English Proficiency Test): At least 70
*The validity period is 2 years for TOEFL and TRACE, and 5 years for other examinations. **Article 6/3d of the Inter-University Council’s (ÜAK) “Directives for Determining Equivalency of Foreign Language Examinations” stipulates that “If the examination is administered in Turkey, it must be administered in a State University building only.” ***Master’s degree applicants who graduated from English-medium higher education programs within the last two years may be exempted from the English Proficiency Examination Score requirement, so long as they are deemed proficient in English by the respective graduate school.
APPLICATION, EVALUATION AND ADMISSION PROCESS As a result of preliminary evaluations conducted based on the application information and documents submitted, prospective students may be invited for an interview or a written exam. Failure to attend the interview or examination will disqualify prospective students from further consideration.
Applications are evaluated by an interview jury established by the Graduate School Executive Board. Recommendations of the interview jury regarding the admission of prospective students are concluded with the resolution of the Graduate School Executive Board.
Prospective students may be requested to prove the accuracy of information and documents submitted at the time of application or the University may directly investigate the accuracy of such information and documents. Should it be determined that there are inconsistencies in information and documents provided by prospective students, such students are denied admission, even if they are previously admitted; and their enrollments are revoked, even if previously completed.
The scope, application requirements and quotas of scholarships awarded to admitted students are determined by the Board of Trustees for each academic year. Scholarships are awarded upon the resolution of the respective Graduate School Executive Board and the approval of the Rector.
Admitted international students must enter Turkey with their student visas in order to be eligible to enroll in the University. Students may apply to the local Turkish Embassy/Consulate in their country of residence (or in the nearest country) for a student visa. Students must bring their letter of acceptance issued by the University with them when applying for a student visa. Students are admitted to graduate programs pursuant to YÖK’s “Rules and Regulations for Graduate Programs”.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS All documents must be either in Turkish or English. If the original documents are in a language other than Turkish or English, notarized translations into Turkish must also be included in the application file.
1. Application Form: Online application form filled out truthfully, accurately and completely.
2. Diploma: A duly certified copy of the diploma awarded by the latest higher education institutions graduated from.Graduation certificates obtained via the e-government system are also acceptable.
3. Equivalence: Turkish citizens who studied abroad must submit a duly certified copy of the Certificate of Equivalence issued by the Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK). (Prospective students whose Certificate of Equivalence has not been issued yet may attach their Certificate of Recognition). Students are responsible for submitting their Certificates of Equivalence to the University as soon as they are issued. Certificate of Recognition: For international prospective students who studied abroad, necessary applications for the recognition of their diplomas will be submitted to the Recognition Unit by our University.
4. Transcript: Transcripts issued by all higher education institutions the applicant has so far attended or graduated from, showing all of the courses taken and grades achieved at the respective institutions. If the transcript does not provide any description about the grading system, separate documents must be provided for the grading system of the respective institutions.
5. Exam Score Report for Graduate Studies: A copy of the exam score report for graduate studies listed in the application requirements.The score reports must still be within their validity period at the time of enrollment in order to be considered.
6. English Proficiency Examination Score Report: A copy of one of the English Proficiency Exam Score Reports listed in the application requirements.The score reports must still be within their validity period at the time of enrollment in order to be considered. Master’s degree applicants who graduated from English-medium higher education programs within the last two years are exempted from the English Proficiency Examination Score requirement, so long as they are deemed proficient in English by the respective graduate school. These students must submit a letter obtained from their alma maters verifying that the medium of instruction is English 100%.
7. Letter of Reference: At least two letters of reference. Letters of reference must be obtained preferably from the prospective student’s professors and/or previous/current employer. Once you enter your reference’s email address and contact details into the system and complete your online application in the system, an automated email message will be sent to your reference from our email system to inform your reference about how to upload the letter of reference. (OzU graduates only need to enter the information of reference person. The reference letter is not required to be uploaded by referee.)
8. Letter of Intent: Letter written by the prospective student to explain his/her personal or professional goals.
9. Additional Documents for International Students: Duly certified copies of the pages from the passport that bear the photograph and identity information. The original copy of the passport must be presented at the time of application.
10. Additional Information: Applicants may submit any other additional information/documents that they think should be considered (special circumstances regarding their academic and professional career).