Students who have been eligible to register to Özyeğin University in the 2020 - 2021 academic year from the International Student (YDO) quotas can complete their enrollments online between the specified dates. The required procedures for enrollment are explained under the heading “Step by Step Enrollment Process”. Online enrollment is sufficient to complete the related procedures, and therefore you do not need to come to the University and enroll in person. Those who do not enroll on the specified dates lose their right to enroll at the University. Enrollments of the students who later find out that they do not meet the requirements for enrollment or who lose these conditions later on are canceled even if they are already enrolled.
1. Enrollment Dates
2020 - 2021 Fall Semester Enrollment Dates for International Students
Students admitted to our University must, first, check their "student number", "username" and "ÖZÜ e-mail address" which they will use to access all online systems at the University throughout their education and which will be published through the Announcement Module. The user name required to enter the Announcement Module is identified as the T.R. identification number. Afterwards, we strongly recommend that you read our website carefully in order to facilitate the enrollment process and get the information you may need during your first day at the University. Student numbers will be published on the Announcement Module after the International Office accepts and completes the pre-payment process.
Online Enrollment Process Through OZU Enrollment System
Students must complete their enrollments through Özyeğin University Enrollment System within the specified enrollment dates. In order to start your enrollment process, you must prepare the enrollment documents listed below. After completing the enrollment documents, you can complete your enrollment by following the procedure steps specified below:
•Tuition fee is paid. •Student Enrollment Information Form is filled out completely. •The documents required for enrollment are uploaded to the Student Enrollment Information Form and the form is completed. •After the form is completed, it is sent to the Student Services Directorate for approval. The documents uploaded to the form are checked and approved by the Student Services Directorate on the enrollment days between 09.00-16.00, and your enrollment is finalized.
Required Documents for Enrollment
1. Identity Information: The original copies of the following documents must be submitted at the time of enrollment:
For Turkish and/or TRNC nationals: A double-sided copy of the national ID card (Driver’s license is not acceptable),
For foreign nationals (international students): Copies of the pages from the passport that bear the student's photograph, identity information, validation dates, and the date of last entry to Turkey. Dual citizens must also submit the original copy of their civil registry extracts.
For Blue Card holders: Copy of the Blue Card.
2. High School Diploma/Certificate of Graduation/School Leaving Certificate/Attestat: Original and a copy of the high school diploma/certificate of graduation/school leaving certificate/Attestat. If your diploma has not been issued yet, you must submit a newly issued graduation certificate. If your diploma is awarded abroad, you must also submit a notarized translation of your diploma (if your diploma is not issued in English or Turkish).
3. Equivalency Letter for Diplomas Awarded Abroad: Equivalency letters can be obtained from the local Turkish Embassy/Consulate or the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Turkey. The Equivalency Letter must clearly specify that your high school diploma/degree is equivalent to those awarded in Turkey. We strongly remind you to obtain the equivalency letter before your enrollment process. If it is not possible to obtain it in your country, our International Office at OzU will provide the necessary guidance to help you to obtain the equivalency letter from the Provincial Ministry of National Education in İstanbul. We would like to remind you that it is your responsibility to obtain the equivalency letter.(It takes at least 1 month to obtain an equivalency letter in Istanbul. Therefore, please note that you must arrive in Istanbul before the due date for enrollments. Otherwise, you may not be able to enroll in the University. Please schedule your trip with due care to the enrollment dates.)
4. Exam Score Report: The copy of the exam score report used in the application and admission of the applicants accepted from the international student quota. If the score report is issued in languages other than English or Turkish, a notarized translation of the score report must also be provided.
5. Proof of Payment: Prospective students whose applications are accepted must make their preliminary payments in order to be eligible for enrollment. For tuition payments made at a bank branch, prospective students must upload the bank receipt. For payments made via online banking, prospective students must submit the print-out of the e-receipt. For payments made by a debit or credit card, prospective students do not need to present any proof of payment.
You can find information about payment methods here.
6. Photographs: 1 passport-size photograph.
7. Residence Permit: If available, the copy of residence permit. The residence permit must still be valid at the time of enrollment. Students who do not have a valid residence permit must submit an online application for a residence permit via the Directorate General of Migration Administration after they enroll in the University. When the residence permit is issued, students must submit a copy of their residence permit to Student Services within one month from their date of enrollment. In order to be able to apply for residence permit, international students must hold a student visa. Please make sure you have a student visa before arriving in Turkey.
8. Letter of Undertaking: Document stating that after the online enrollment process, students are obligated to submit their original documents and Equivalency Certificate to Student Services on the dates to be announced. You can download the document here.
9. Student Visa Copy: International students are obligated to obtain a student visa for their enrollment and Equivalency Letter procedures. Please make sure you apply for the student visa before arriving in Turkey.
10. Military Service Status Document: Turkish students who are above the age of 22 are required to submit the military service status document that can be obtained from e-devlet.
11. Proof of English Language Proficiency:All students must either take the online English Language Proficiency examinations administered by the University or submit a valid score report of a national or international examination recognized by the University in order to prove their English proficiency. Please click herefor more about the Language Proficiency Requirements.
12. Proof of Turkish Language Proficiency:The proof of Turkish language proficiency is required from international students for enrolling in Turkish-medium academic programs (Law and Architecture (Turkish)) only.
13. Students admitted to the Undergraduate Professional Flight Program are required to submit the following additional documents in order to be eligible to complete their enrollment:
Archived/Apostilled Criminal Record Check:Archive registered criminal record document obtained from the Office of the Chief Public Prosecutor within the last 1 month. T.R. National students can obtain the document through the Judicial Records Inquiry Form over the e-government system. To create a document registered as an archive, select "Official" in the Institution Type field; In the Document Why Issued To field, you can select "Other". Foreign students must apply to the Office of the Chief Public Prosecutor to obtain the document.
Certificate of Residence: Turkey informs settlement in the residence for students with a copy of the original receipt (Documents taken from e-devlet system are accepted.)
Original health report authorized by the General Directorate of Civil Aviation in accordance with the provisions of ICAO Annex-1 Class 1:Original and copy of health certificate and health report in accordance with the ICAO Annex-1 Class 1 decree received from hospitals authorized by Directorate General of Civil Aviation. The list of authorized aviation medical centers can be found on the official website of the DGCA. It is compulsory and under the responsibility of students to convert the health report from the competent aviation medical center to a certificate. You can reach the procedures for converting the health report to the certificate on the official web page of DGCA. Students who cannot convert their health reports to certificates due to the prolongation of bureaucratic procedures until the date of enrollment can enroll with the original and a copy of the health report. First class health certificates will be returned to you after being compared with the original one and you will have the responsibility of renewing and delivering the copy to the Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics every year during your studies
14. Students admitted to the Undergraduate Aviation Management Program are required to submit the following additional documents in order to be eligible to complete their enrollment:
Health Certificate: A medical board report issued by a general hospital which confirms that the holder does not have any medical problems which might preclude him/her from serving as a professional and/or fulfilling the roles and responsibilities assigned in the field of Aviation Management. (i.e. loss of hearing or vision).
Archived/Apostilled Criminal Record Check: Archive registered criminal record document obtained from the Office of the Chief Public Prosecutor within the last 1 month. T.R. National students can obtain the document through the Judicial Records Inquiry Form over the e-government system. To create a document registered as an archive, select "Official" in the Institution Type field; In the Document Why Issued To field, you can select "Other". Foreign students must apply to the Office of the Chief Public Prosecutor to obtain the document
Filling Out the Student Enrollment Information Form and Document Upload
After completing your enrollment documents in pdf or jpeg format, you must fill in the Student Enrollment Information Form completely and accurately, and upload all the required documents for enrollment to the Student Enrollment Information Form. The form will be activated for you to access after the invitation letter to the registration has been sent to you. The username required to enter the forms is determined as the student number assigned to you and your year of birth. For instance, if you student number is S009999 and you were born in 1993, you should enter S0099991993 in the username nox. You will need a desktop or laptop computer to access the form; you cannot access the form with a tablet or mobile phone.
Content of Student Enrollment Information Form:
University Information (if available, previous university information)
Military Information (for Turkish male students)
University Selection Information
Document Upload Module
Information Text under the Personal Data Protection Law
You will be asked to enter your personal e-mail address on the Student Enrollment Information Form. After your enrollment to the university is finalized, you will be sent an e-mail to your personal e-mail address so that you can create the password for your OzU.Net account that you will use to access the University online systems. You must create your password within 24 hours by following the instructions sent in this e-mail. After enrollment, all information will be sent to your e-mail address with the extension ozu.edu.tr, and you will need the username and password of your OzU.Net account for the exams you will take for English language proficiency. In order to complete all these processes smoothly, we strongly recommend that you enter an e-mail address you actively use in the Student Enrollment Information Form.
We strongly remind our students who complete their enrollment to the University through the OZU Enrollment System to keep the originals of the documents uploaded to the Student Enrollment Information Form. In the following weeks, you will be given an appointment so that the documents uploaded to the Student Enrollment Information Form during enrollment can be submitted to the Student Services. The University reserves the right to terminate the enrollment if the student does not provide the documents on the appointed day and time.
3. Important Reminders Following the Completion of Enrollment
OzU Account Password Procedures: After completing your enrollment to the University, you will be sent an e-mail to the personal e-mail address you specified in the Student Enrollment Information Form so that you can create the password for your OzU.Net account that you will use to access the University online systems. You must create your password within 24 hours by following the instructions sent in this e-mail.
Submission of Enrollment Documents: Students who have completed the University registration process by uploading registration documents through the ÖZÜ Registration System will be given an appointment in the following weeks to submit the documents they have uploaded to the Student Registration Information Form to the Student Services. Information about the appointment will be sent to the students' e-mail addresses with the extension of ozu.edu.tr. The student will have to bring the documents in person on the day and time communicated to him.
Student ID Cards (Campus Card): Student ID Cards are used during entrance to the University and allow you to take advantage of various facilities such as library, student shuttles, photocopy and printer. After enrolling in the university, the information as to when the cards will be delivered will be announced to our students via their e-mail addresses with the extension of ozu.edu.tr.
English Language Proficiency Exams: Students enrolled in programs whose medium of instruction is English must take the exams held by the University to determine their English language proficiency. You can get information about the exams from the "English Language Proficiency" section below. Students enrolled in programs whose medium of instruction is Turkish are not required to take these exams, but they are recommended to do so.
Universal Health Insurance Plan: International students who wish to study in Turkey must enroll in the Universal Health Insurance Plan in Turkey in order to be eligible to apply for a residence permit. Prospective students must complete their enrollment in the Universal Health Insurance Plan themselves. Our International Office will offer the necessary guidance to students after they complete their university enrollments.
Residence Permit: Students who do not have a valid residence permit must submit an online application for a residence permit via the Directorate General of Migration Administration after they enroll in the University. When the residence permit is issued, students must submit a copy of their residence permit to Student Services within one month from their date of enrollment. In order to be able to apply for residence permit, international students must hold a student visa. Students who are obliged to obtain a visa must apply for a student visa before their arrival to Turkey. By examining the documents required to obtain a residence permit on the website of the Migration Management, we strongly remind you to complete the documents you will need during the application in advance.
High School Diploma Equivalency Letter Acquisition: Equivalency letters can be obtained from the local Turkish Embassy/Consulate or the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Turkey. The Equivalency Letter must clearly specify that your high school diploma/degree is equivalent to those awarded in Turkey. We strongly remind you to obtain the equivalency letter before your enrollment process. If it is not possible to obtain it in your country, our International Office at OzU will provide the necessary guidance to help you to obtain the equivalency letter from the Provincial Ministry of National Education in İstanbul. We would like to remind you that it is your responsibility to obtain the equivalency letter. You can access the documents required for the equivalence letter application and the information about the application process on the Ministry of National Education Equivalence Web Page.
English Language Proficiency Requirement for English-Medium Programs
All students who are enrolled in English-medium programs at Özyeğin University must satisfy the English Proficiency requirement. The English language proficiency of all new students who are enrolled in English-medium programs is tested through Phase 1- English Placement Test (PLACEMENT) and Phase 2- English Proficiency Examination (TRACE) which are administered by the School of Languages at the beginning of the year of admission. Students who pass the examinations are kept exempt from the English Preparatory Program. These students directly matriculate to their undergraduate programs. Students who fail to achieve the minimum passing grade in the examinations are placed in the English Preparatory Program.
Students who have a valid score report of a national or international examination recognized by Özyeğin University may submit their score reports to the School of Languages after they complete their enrollments between September 03 - 11, 2020 in order to request to be exempted from the English Preparatory Program. For more about the recognized examinations, please refer to the Language Proficiency Requirement webpage. Students whose score reports are not acceptable must sit the English Proficiency Examination administered by the University.
Turkish Proficiency Requirement for Turkish-Medium Programs
International students registered in Turkish-medium programs must prove their proficiency in Turkish. The Turkish proficiency requirement is not applicable to students who completed their secondary education in Turkish-medium institutions in Turkey over the past three years. Students who obtained at least B1 (Intermediate) level score in the Turkish Proficiency Examinations administered by TÖMER or any other examination centers accredited by the Higher Education Council are deemed to have fulfilled the Turkish proficiency requirement provided that their exam results are still valid.
English Language Proficiency Requirement for Turkish-Medium Programs
The English Preparatory Program is optional for the Turkish-medium Undergraduate Law and Undergraduate Architecture Programs. Students who opt to attend the English Preparatory Program must send their requests to email@example.com via their e-mail addresses with the extension of ozu.edu.tr until Friday, September 4, 2020, at 16:00, after completing their university enrollment. These students must either sit the examinations administered by the University or submit a valid score report of a national or international examination recognized by the University in order to have the University determine their current level of English and the appropriate level for them in the English Preparatory Program.
Students enrolled in Turkish-medium programs are strongly recommended that they sit the English proficiency examination administered by the University, even if they do not opt to attend the optional English Preparatory Program. According to these exam results or submitted national / international exam reports;
Students can be exempted from the compulsory "ENG 103 English I (Turkish Programs)" and ENG 104 English II (Turkish Programs)" courses in the undergraduate program curriculum. Other courses can be taken for the exempted course provided that the credit load of the relevant semester does not surpass.
If the students pass the TRACE exam or have the accepted national / international exam reports, they can take the courses whose language of instruction is English and which are among the elective courses of their program.
You can learn your exam result by logging in to https://sis.ozyegin.edu.tr/ with your OzU.Net username and password on Monday, September 21, 2020 as of 19:00.
Attention to Students Taking the Placement and Proficiency Exams!
Before the exam, we recommend that you examine the exam samples on the Özyeğin University website.
Make sure you have an official photo ID (identity card, driver's license, passport, etc.) with you.
Please be ready at least half an hour before the start of the exam.
No make-up exams are held for any stage of the exams for whatever reason. Students who do not take the exam are deemed to have failed the exam.
Students who pass the placement exam are required to take the Online TRACE Mock Exam. Authorizations to access the mock exam will be given according to the Placement exam result.
Equipment Requirements for the Exam
You need to use a desktop or laptop computer, not a tablet or mobile phone in this exam.
Your computer must meet the necessary system requirements stated below:
At least i3 Processor with 4GB RAM
An appropriate operating system (Windows 10, Mac OS Sierra (minimum))
A reliable and robust internet access (at least 8 mbps)
A fully-functioning internal or external web camera, speaker, and microphone
Before the exam, you need to take precautions against power cuts or internet connection problems. For this, we recommend that you have a fully charged laptop, place yourself close to the modem, connect the modem cable to your computer (if necessary) and make 4G internet connection ready.
Environment Requirements for the Exam
You must take the exam alone in a silent and private room. (Not in an open area, internet café, cafeteria, etc.)
You must place your computer on a desk and sit on a chair in an appropriate position during the exam. (Not standing, sitting or lying on a bed)
The surface of the table you will be using during the exam must be clear.
Before the Exam
Make sure that you meet all the exam requirements (equipment, environment, and other).
Join the Zoom Meeting at the specified time on LMS page.
Meet the instructor in the Zoom meeting room and follow his/her instructions carefully.
During the Exam
Follow all the exam rules carefully during the exam.
Do not leave the table and move your face away from the computer screen during the exam.
If you face any problems, contact the instructor through the chatbox and explain your problem
In order to complete their enrollments, students must pay all of the required fees before coming to enrollment. Students may make their payments in US Dollars or Turkish Lira.
Please click here to see our tuition fees for the 2020 - 2021 academic year. Our VAT Inclusive tuition has been revised pursuant to the “Decision No: 2913 Pertaining to the Amendment of the Decision on Determining Value Added Tax Rates Applicable to Goods and Services”, which was published on the Official Gazette No:31229 dated August 30, 2020.