Students must pay their semester tuition and technology fees at the beginning of each semester within the announced payment periods in order to be able to renew their registrations. Course registrations can be renewed only after the semester tuition is paid. Students are personally responsible for notifying their sponsors about semester tuition and technology fee payments.
Amounts listed in US Dollars can be paid either in TL or US Dollars. When amounts in US Dollars are paid in TL, the TL equivalents of tuition and fees are calculated based on the arithmetic average of the foreign exchange sales rates determined by the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey for the first 5 business days of August, January and May for the fall, spring and summer semesters, respectively. The highest and lowest sales rates are excluded from the calculation.
Payments can be made either in cash at the Fibabank branches, or from your deposit accounts via Fibabank online banking system or Fibabank telephone banking system, or by credit/debit card via our University’s website. Please note that Özyeğin University does not accept cash payments.
• Tuition amounts listed in TL must be paid in TL. • Amounts listed in US Dollars can be paid either in TL or US Dollars. When amounts in US Dollars are paid in TL, the TL equivalents of tuition and fees are calculated based on the arithmetic average of the foreign exchange sales rates determined by the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey for the first 5 business days of August, January and May for the fall, spring and summer semesters, respectively. The highest and lowest sales rates are excluded from the calculation.
Our University offers both upfront payment and installment payment options. Tuition and housing fees can be paid either upfront or installments. Annual Dormitory Registration fees, security deposits for OzU dormitories, library fees, and document-information fees are paid in upfront via the Fibabank branches, the Fibabank online banking system from your deposit accounts, or the Fibabank telephone banking system. You may find below details of our upfront payment and installment payment options. Payments can be made through any one of the following methods:
1. Payment via Credit Card / Debit Card
Özyeğin University offers installment plans for tuition and housing fees. The installment option is not available for payments made in USD. The installment plans are interest free. • In installment plans, all installments after the first one are charged to the credit card one month after the payment date of the previous installment.
You may make your payments in installments, using one of the following debit or credit cards within the payment period announced in the academic calendar. In order to make your payments using your credit cards, your cards:
• Must be authorized for virtual pos transactions • Must have 3D Secure authentication • Must have sufficient limit for online transactions
The University offers 2 and 4 equal installments for semester tuition payments.
• CardFinans Retail Credit Cards: 2 additional installments are offered for payments in 2 equal installments. Please be advised that 2 installments campaign is not applicable to payments made by CardFinans debit cards, Enpara cards, or MoneyPoints. • HSBC Advantage Credit Cards and HSBC Concept Cards: 2 additional installments are offered for payments in 2 equal installments. Please be advised that 2 installments campaign is not applicable to payments made by HSBC Business Credit Cards and Advantage CashPoints. • Ziraat Bank Bankkart Credit Cards: 2 installments are offered. Please be advised that 2 installments campaign is not applicable to payments made by Ziraat Bank Business Cedit Cards and BankkartLira Cards. • Bonus Credit Cards issued by Bonus Loyalty Program Affiliates: 4 installments are offered. The 4-installment option is not applicable to payments made by Business Credit Cards or Bonus Points. • Vakıfbank and Yapı Kredi Bank World Card Retail Credit Cards: 2 additional installments are offered for payments in 2 equal installments. The additional installment campaign is not applicable to payments made by Vakıfbank and Yapı Kredi Bank Business Credit Cards and WorldPoints.
2. Upfront Payment via Fibabanka Branches
Tuition can be paid at Fibabank branches before the due date. Payers must indicate that the payment is for the Özyeğin University tuition, and must provide the student’s name, surname and student number. The due amount displayed in the bank’s system will be collected in cash by the bank officer.
3. Payment via Overdraft Account
Installment plans are also applicable to tuition payments via Overdraft Accounts. However, please note that this payment method applies to tuition payments only. Semester tuition can be paid in 4 installments using an overdraft account.
To pay tuition via an overdraft account, payers must open an account at the Özyeğin University branch of Fibabank. Account holders must visit the Özyeğin University branch of Fibabank, https://www.fibabanka.com.tr, in order to pay the semester tuition in installments. Account holders must indicate to the bank official that they would like to pay the semester tuition of Özyeğin University in installments and must provide the student’s name, surname and student number as well as required documents.
Account holders must complete/prepare the following documents:
• Framework Agreement for Banking Services • Supplemental Agreement for Overdraft Accounts • Copy of the Identity Card
If submitted documents are accepted and approved by the bank, the bank will then open an Overdraft Account (KMH) for the payer, and allocate an overdraft limit to this account up to the amount of semester tuition displayed in the system for the student. The overdraft limit can be used for tuition payments only, not for cash withdrawals.
Payers must deposit the amount due into the Overdraft Account before the due date of an installment. In the event the due amount is not deposited into the account before the due date, the bank will make the payment on behalf of the student, and will charge the account owner.
Holders of Overdraft Accounts must check their account balances, and pay back any overdraft balance or the minimum duet by the end of the month in which interest is accrued for the last installment of the semester tuition. Failure to do so might result in forfeiture of the payer’s right to pay the tuition in installments via an overdraft account.
In order to be eligible for an installment plan via an overdraft account, the first installment must be paid in upfront. The balance can be paid in 3 equal installments.
4. Payment via Fibabanka Online / Telephone / Mobile Banking
Tuition, housing, annual dormitory registration fees, library fees, and processing fees for information and documents are paid in upfront. Upfront payment options are applicable to payments in TL for the fees listed in TL or in USD. Students who wish to make their payments in USD for the fees listed in USD should contact International Office.
Students may make their upfront payments within the announced dates in the academic calendar by choosing one of the following payment options. After the designated due date, overdue payments can be made either by debit/credit card, or at bank branches, via online banking, or telephone banking.
• Payment via Fibabank Online Banking; Fibabank customers may see their amounts due or make their upfront payments via Fibabank online banking. To see your amounts due or make your upfront payments directly from your account, please click the Payments and University Payments tabs, respectively, and then enter your student number. • Payment via Fibabank Telephone Banking; Fibabank customers may make their upfront payments from their deposit accounts via Fibabank’s telephone banking at 444 88 88. • Payment via Fibabanka Mobil Banking: Fibabank customers may see their amounts due or make their upfront payments via Fibabank online banking. To see your amounts due or make your upfront payments directly from your account, please click the Payments and University Payments tabs, respectively, and then enter your student number.
Holders of Overdraft Accounts must check their account balances, and pay back any overdraft balance or the minimum duet by the end of the month in which interest is accrued for the last installment of the semester tuition. Failure to do so might result in forfeiture of the payer’s right to pay the tuition in installments via an overdraft account. Payments from the overdraft account cover one (1) semester only. Existing agreements signed between the students and the bank for payments from the overdraft account are renewed automatically. Students who opt to make their payments from their overdraft accounts must first contact Fibabank within the tuition payment period announced in the academic calendar to have their overdraft payment method activated. These students must then inform the Scholarship and Tuition Unit at Student Services that they will make their payments via their overdraft accounts and have their payment plan renewed.
2. Reminders for Overdue Payments
Students who fail to make their tuition payments for the 2020-2021 Fall semester in the announced payment period may make late payments. Late payments must be made before the start of the course registration period specified for their years. Please note that students who fail to make their tuition payments cannot register for their courses. First-semester course registrations of freshman students who matriculated to their undergraduate programs in the 2020-2021 Fall semester will be “pre-loaded” by Student Services. However, the preloaded courses of those who fail to pay their tuition will be dropped before the add-drop period. Students who fail to renew their registration within the announced course registration period may complete late registration renewal during the add/drop period specified in the academic calendar. A late fee is assessed on late registration renewals. Therefore, students who are late with their registration renewals must pay both their tuition and a late fee. Please note that should you fail to make your tuition payment by the end of the late payment period, you will be considered an “unregistered student” and lose your student privileges. Students who have not completed their internship, despite having completed all courses offered in their curricula, must pay their tuition, register for their internship courses, and renew their registration at the beginning of each academic semester during the registration period specified in the academic calendar.
3) Reminders for Per-Credit Tuition Payment for Students Who Need To Complete At Most 18 More Credits In Order To Graduate
Undergraduate students who need to complete at most 18 more ECTS credits, excluding internship, in order to be eligible to graduate pay their tuition based on per-credit rating. Tuition per credit is 1/60th of the annual tuition (1/30th of the semester tuition) of the student’s current academic program. For recipients of tuition waivers, the tuition per credit will be waived up to the rate of the tuition waiver the student has been awarded. Students who must pay per-credit tuition are determined by Student Services. These students must first complete their course registrations, and then make their per-credit tuition payments. The total tuition these students need to pay is calculated based on the total number of credits they take. Therefore, during the course registration period, students with per-credit tuition are not required make any regular tuition payments, and unpaid tuition will not preclude them from selecting courses during the course registration period. Their tuition will be assessed at the end of the course add-drop period based on the total ECTS credits of the courses they have taken for the current semester. In a case in which students take more than 18 ECTS credits, they are charged semester tuition. These students will be notified by Student Services via email. Students who need to complete at most 18 credits in order to graduate but are still charged semester tuition instead of per-credit tuition may contact their undergraduate program representatives at Student Services.
4. Reminder for Family and Fiba/OzU Tuition Discounts
The family discount will be effective as long as family members (two siblings, parent-child) concurrently pursue their undergraduate studies as registered students. The family discount will continue over the term of scholarship the University has set and announced based on the students’ year of admission. We kindly remind you that in a case where one of the family members graduates or withdraws from the University, the family discount will be terminated, and the 5% difference will be charged to the student. The OzU/Fiba tuition discounts are valid as long as recipients continue to work full-time at Özyeğin University or the FIBA Group. Recipients must prove their eligibility for tuition discounts at the beginning of each semester. To do so, students must obtain the proof of employment from their employers and submit it to Student Services (email@example.com) (August 31, 2020 (till 16:00)). Students who prove their eligibility are awarded tuition discounts. The tuition discount continues over the term of scholarship which the University has set and announced based on the student’s year of admission.
5) Reminders for Overdue Technology Fees
Students who are assigned laptops by the University but have overdue technology fees from the previous semesters are not granted access to the course registration system. These students must complete their technology fee payments before the 2020-2021 fall semester course registration period. Students wishing to return their laptops in the 2020-2021 fall semester may contact IT via the Solution Center.
A late fee is applicable for overdue tuition fees, technology fees and housing fees. Students who fail to pay their tuition and fees by the relevant due date are entitled to late payment by the end of the add-drop period. In such a case, the student must pay the relevant tuition and fees either in cash or in installments along with a late fee.
The rate of late fees is 2% for the 2020-21 academic year. Late fees are calculated on the outstanding balance on a daily basis including the holidays. The applicable late fee rate can be revised for each academic year by the University.
Late fees are added to the outstanding balance and are collected together with the overdue amount. After the designated due date, students may make their payments by debit/credit card via the OzU website, or at Fibabank branches, or from their deposit account at Fibabank via Fibabank’s online banking or telephone banking system.
Bills relating to payments are issued in the name of students and are mailed to students’ corresponding addresses, which they had previously notified to the university, at the latest within one month following the due date for semester tuition payments posted in the academic calendar.
In the event of a circumstance that requires the tuition fee to be refunded as per the relevant rules and regulations and procedures (such as leave of absence, withdrawal from the university etc), refunds are made provided that the student has no liability against the university and the student has returned back all equipments issued for his/her use by the university in good working condition.