Özyeğin University, Çekmeköy Campus Nişantepe District, Orman Street, 34794 Çekmeköy - İSTANBUL
Phone : +90 (216) 564 90 00
Fax : +90 (216) 564 99 99
Health Center Services
Health Center Services
Health Center Services
- Health services offer 24/7 in the Health Center on Floor -1, Sport Center. ·Our on-campus physician offers preliminary medical examination and diagnosis services in the Health Center. Patients are referred to the nearest hospitals for further tests and treatment. If necessary, patients can be transferred 24/7 via our on-campus ambulances.
- For non-emergencies, our Health Center can be reached at 9112. (0216 564 9 112 )
- For emergencies you may call our hotline at 9911 or 0216 564 9 911.
- Our on-campus psychological counseling services are offered by the Student Development Unit. You may book an appointment via myOzU. Services Offered by On-Campus Physician ·Occupational physicians certified by the ministry serve as on-campus physicians to provide occupational health and safety services. Our University physician provides the following services: ·Conducts pre-employment health screenings and issues medical reports, ·Provides polyclinic examination and pre-diagnosis, and issues sick leave reports for faculty and staff, ·Conducts periodic medical examinations for office staff every five years, and for disabled and technical staff once a year. Should you miss your periodic medical examination, please consult the Health Center at the earliest convenience. ·Pregnant staff must report their pregnancy to the University physician.
Polyclinic Services for Students
- Our polyclinics offers medical examination, diagnosis, treatment, tests, and referral services. The polyclinics also respond to emergencies, takes the necessary actions for contagious diseases, issues sick leaves, and keeps medical records. The polyclinics endeavor to meet the medical examination need of all employees, students, visitors, and on-campus stakeholders. All medical examinations are recorded, and the results are reported to the patients. Upon medical examination and diagnosis, patients are given prescriptions. Patients may also be provided with medication which they can use until they purchase their prescriptions from a pharmacy. If necessary, vascular access is established and the patient is given an IV treatment. The University also provides blood and urine tests through a partner laboratory. The partner laboratory collects blood and urine samples once a week. The results are shared with both the patient and the on-campus physician. In medical cases for which on-campus treatment is not available, patients are referred to hospitals. In case of emergencies, patients are transferred via on-campus ambulances, and Student Services and relevant departments are informed about the transfer. A fully-equipped ambulance with a team of highly skillful and experienced paramedics specialized in emergency care are on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies.
- Our emergency hotline number is 9111. The medical team responds to each emergency reported by phone or in person. At the scene, the team evaluates the patient’s condition and determines the appropriate method of response.
Sick Leave Report
- Students showing severe symptoms during medical examinations are issued with a sick leave for up to 2 days by the on-campus physician to rest and recover.
- Sick leaves are issued at the discretion of the physician based on the results of the medical examination, not upon the request of students.
- Sick leave reports may also be obtained off-campus. In such a case, sick leave reports must be obtained from health institutions under the control of the Social Security Institution (SGK), Ministry of Health (MH), Turkish Armed Forces (TSK), or State Universities, or from health institutions recognized by the university and listed in SMP-01-07-R07 RECOGNIZED PRIVATE HEALTH INSTITUTIONS FOR SICK LEAVE – ISTANBUL (08.04.2022)
- In order to exercise the right to make up examinations or study, students must inform their course instructors and submit a written application to their faculty’s Dean’s Office or their school’s Directorate at the latest by the end of the third business day from the date of exam/study they missed.(Sick leaves obtained off-campus do not need to be approved by the university physician.)
Wheelchair/Crutch Support and Disabled Parking Space Permit
- The necessary support is provided to our disabled or pregnant stakeholders to help them use the disabled parking spaces in the parking facilities. In order to be eligible for a disabled parking space, stakeholders must first obtain a health report from the University’s Health Center to verify their condition. The University also provides wheelchair/clutch support on a need basis upon request.
Personal Accident Insurance
- Our students are covered by our Group Personal Accident Insurance Plan. This plan is effective both in Turkey and abroad. Beneficiaries are subject to the special terms and conditions and coverage limits set forth in the “General Terms and Conditions of Personal Accident Insurance”. Students benefit from the personal accident insurance plan free of charge. The personal accident insurance plan is not a private health insurance plan but rather a system that takes effect in case of any health problems that may arise due to accidents. The necessary support for all insurance related matters is provided by our Administrative Services Department. For more about our insurance plans, please visit our Personal Accident Insurance webpage.
Emergency Response Services
- A fully-equipped ambulance with a team of highly skillful and experienced paramedics specialized in emergency care are on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies.
- Our emergency hotline number is 9112.
- The medical team responds to each emergency reported by phone or in person.
- At the scene, the team evaluates the patient’s condition and determines the appropriate method of response. (The paramedics determine whether the patient will be treated on the scene or transferred to a hospital and, if so, the method of transportation.)
- Patients are transferred to the nearest hospital in coordination with the ambulance center for the best interest of the patient. While the ambulance is on the way to the hospital, the ambulance center obtains approval from the hospital for the patient’s admission.
- The “Emergency Form” is filled for emergencies and the HSE manager is informed.
- If the patient is an employee, the HR is notified. If the patient is a student, Student Services is notified.
- For emergencies and patient transfers after working hours, Dormitory Management is notified.